One of the biggest mistakes many people would actually think about is that there is nothing that actually restricts a person in writing. Writers block, and why such? If you cannot write, don’t feel that’s how life has designed you to be. Or probably you don’t have the talent. Well sorry to burst your bubble; because you have the gift of writing doesn’t mean you can’t write. Now a popular saying goes: if you want your right, be ready for a fight. Try and picture the writers block as an enemy you ought to combat with.
Take for example, you are driving to work, and you were suppose to meet a client in 20 minutes time; alas there was traffic on the way which lasted for an hour. When you get to work, you will find out the client just left. Something actually stopped you from achieving your plan? The traffic of course. The traffic is your barrier in writing. or you can say, your writers block.
WAYS ON HOW TO OVERCOME WRITERS BLOCK
1. SOUND AS A WRITER: What you confess is what you become. In my past article, writing is more than just a hobby, I tend to show us how writing has made a lot of people into millionaires. The moment you can boldly call yourself a writer, you are a writer. A lawyer is not ashamed to say “hey you, I am barrister Paul” or a doctor can boldly say “good morning my friend, I am Dr. Johnson”. From now henceforth, you can say: I am a writer. Sound appealing right? well gird up your loins!
2. THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE: I want to write about a scary story. Once upon a time… stop! How is the story going to look like? Is it going to be a fiction or not? Understand this: Before anything has to be written down, the brain has to work. Give yourself time, don’t rush; else you will write without an aim.
3. BE YOURSELF: Look at the mirror, and tell me who you see. No Shakespeare right? Wait! I think I am seeing Allan Poe. Writing is fun, write as yourself. For writing sake, you own the pen. You are not the essay, but you can build the essay. Don’t try to impress, learn gradually and you will take the dart off your chest.
4. WRITE TO SOMEONE YOU KNOW: Probably you are afraid of writing to people you don’t know, why not write to someone who can read your essay, and help you construct it. At this point, you aren’t scared of rebuke or any sort of comment.
MUST READ: WHY YOU CAN’T WRITE WITHOUT AUDIENCE
5. YOU ARE NOT THE ESSAY: My name is Christopher, and I am a male. Well that’s who I am. Now get this: people don’t listen to your drum, they listen to the beat from the drum. Even if you are been scolded, you can do better. Don’t be bothered.
6. DON’T FEEL PERFECT: You ought to calm down. So you can write. Trying to sound perfect or impress is to force unnecessary things out of you.
7. KILL THE FEAR OF STARTING: The most difficult aspect in writing is to start. Page one is very tough, because you want to keep your readers glue so they can move to another page. One major way to kill the fear of starting is to start. Sounds absurd right? Well that’s it.
8. FREE WRITE: write things that aren’t essays. Sometimes keep a journal; write ideas, inventions, I shared a post on assumption in my Facebook account, well that was just an experience. It is good to turn your passion into profit, but don’t also forget you write to learn; you can pick points from your previous articles.
DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SHARE
HIT THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE IMPORTANT UPDATES.